Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary came into prominence in 1990 to provide shelter for the migrated elephants. With a total area of 357.6, Km2 Koundinya Bird Sanctuary is said to be the only reserved forest in Andhra Pradesh. After 200 years of living away, the Asian elephants have peacefully accommodated to this dense wilderness.
Reach Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary without much hassle
Bangalore is the nearest city of Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary. Hence one can easily land up at this location.
|By Road||From Bangalore and Chittoor, Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary shares a distance of 120 kilometers and 50 kilometers respectively.|
|By Train||From Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna Railway station, this sanctuary is at a distance of 162.9 kilometers.|
|By Air||To arrive at Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary by air book your air tickets to Bangalore or Tirupathi airport and hire a local cab for the rest of the journey.|
Interesting things to scout around at Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary
The wildlife sanctuaries are always full of thrill all around. The unexplored mystery involves a fresh spirit while witnessing the dark greenery.
- Wild animals: At Koundinya forest you can encounter animals like Asian elephants, Indian elephants, Slender Loris, wild boar, sambar, sloth bear, chital, jungle cat, panther, porcupine, jungle fowl, starred tortoise and others.
- Birds: Starting from yellow-throated bulbul to great Hornbill here, you can meet birds of various species.
- Lush greenery: Tourists explore Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary to absorb the peaceful greenery of the Mother Nature.
The tourists highly prefer Koundinya forest in Andhra Pradesh! Why?
This elephant sanctuary in Andhra Pradesh accommodates various types of flora and fauna. Plant species such as Lagerstroemia, Acacias, Bamboo, Ficus, Albizzias can be found here.
Apart from this, the major attraction of this wildlife sanctuary is the Asian elephants. Watching the giant elephants roaming around in the wilderness is a treat to the eyes.
Activities to rejoice
The key actions to play in Koundinya Bird Sanctuary are centered around the enthralling jeep safaris. You can also enjoy elephant safaris and explore the denser areas of the jungle. The dense woods, enigmatic wilderness impress the tourists to a great extent.
Opening and closing time
|During summer days||7.00 AM-5.00 PM|
|During winter days||7.00 AM- 5.00 PM|
Best time to explore
It would be better to book your tickets between October and April. During this period, the weather appears to be pleasant, and you can easily spot the animals as they come out of the woods to absorb the sunlight.
Reasons to visit Koundinya forest
- The location of this wildlife is very convenient.
- Tourists looking for a pocket-friend tour will find this destination suitable.
- A perfect spot for a family trip.
- Outstanding natural beauty.
To conclude, planning a trip to Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary will be no wrong if you want to inhale the earthy smell. This place requires no entry, and one can have quality time in the lap of Mother Nature. Furthermore, you can experience locations like Horsley Hills, Antharagange caves, Sripuram golden temple many more around the sanctuary.
Google Location Map